Reinhardt Bosch was youth worker before 'torturing' son – Daily Mail
A father who tortured his seven-month son for seven months had been employed as a youth worker before he and the boy’s mother allegedly murdered him, court documents revealed.
South African-born Reinhardt Bosch, 33, and German-born Noemi Kondacs, 22, are charged with one count each of murder and torture of their child, Rhuan Immanuel.
It is understood that Bosch worked as a support worker but had been unemployed for some time before his son died.
The couple faced Brisbane Magistrates Court by video link on Friday after being charged with one count each of murder and torture of their child.
Reinhardt Bosch, 33, and Noemi Kondacs, 22, appeared via video link in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Friday after they were charged with one count each of murder and torture
Bosch allegedly tortured his seven-month-old baby son almost from the time he was born up until he and the boy’s mother allegedly murdered him, had been employed as a youth worker, court documents revealed
Court documents allege Bosch tortured Rhuan and assaulted him while armed with an offensive instrument causing bodily harm between April 11 and November 2.
He and the Kondacs allegedly murdered the baby on November 2, before his body was found by the paramedics the following morning.
It alleged the couple prayed for the recovery of their critically injured baby before calling an ambulance the day after he died.
Paramedics called police to the home on Mount Samson Road in Yugar, north of Brisbane, at about 6.45am on Thursday after they found the boy unresponsive.
‘From what I’ve seen, the child was not neglected in terms of nourishment and such, but it’s quite confronting,’ Queensland Police Detective Inspector David Jackman said on Thursday.
‘It certainly hits home. I have been a detective for 30-odd years, and it is one of the most confronting scenes I’ve seen.’
Bosch is alleged to have caused bodily harm to his son Rhuan with an ‘offensive instrument’ between April 11 and November 2, the day he along with his wife allegedly murdered the baby
It alleged the couple prayed for the recovery of their critically injured baby before calling an ambulance the day after he died
The couple were taken into custody at the scene where the baby was discovered dead.
Police sealed off the property as a crime scene and established Operation Uniform Salwood to investigate the death.
‘At this stage we have no information that would suggest the child has any underlying health issues,’ Detective Inspector David Jackman said.
The couple’s matters will return to court on December 5.
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.
Published by Associated Newspapers Ltd
Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group